April 24, 2014

Bloomberg Loses 50 Mayors

bloomberg

(GunNews.com) — Fox News reports that New York Mayor Michael Bloomberg is losing members of his Mayors Against Illegal Guns group because they feel misled. In the past five months, 50 members of the group have quit. Many say they did so because the organization abandoned its mission statement of going after illegal guns, and instead used its political clout to go after lawmakers who supported gun rights.

Most recently, the mayors of Rockford, Ill., and Nashua, N.H., dropped out after saying they felt misled by Bloomberg.

Nashua Mayor Donnalee Lozeau says she called it quits after the group launched television attack ads against New Hampshire Sen. Kelly Ayotte. Ayotte voted against legislation that would have expanded background checks to cover almost every gun purchase in the country.

“I said, ‘Wait a minute. I don’t want to be part of something like that,’” Lozeau told The Manchester Union Leader. “I told them, ‘You’re Mayors Against Illegal Guns; you’re not mayors for gun control.’”

Lozeau said, “Nowhere within the literature of this group was there any indication that there would be campaigns against members of Congress, particularly around issues that were not related to illegal guns.”

“The original focus, I thought, was going to be on focusing on better enforcement of our existing laws, and if anything, we have talked about not getting involved with things like banning assault weapons and banning magazine clips,” Rockford, Ill., Mayor Lawrence Morrissey, told Buzzfeed.

Brian Maher, the mayor of Walden, NY, went public so he could share his “own story how Mayor Bloomberg and Mayors against Illegal Guns blatantly lied and withheld information to get me and several other of my fellow Mayors to join their organization.”

Comments
14 Responses to “Bloomberg Loses 50 Mayors”
  1. Bill says:

you say Bloomberg actually lied. I’m absolutely astounded! Who would have thunk it?

2. RICKSR says:

THE JERK OF JERKS. JUST BECAUSE THIS FAT KAT HAS MILLIONS HE FEELS AS IF HE CAN TRAMPLE ALL OVER THE RIGHTS OF OTHERS. FIRST HE TRIED TO OUTLAW BIG GULP SODA CUPS IN NYC AND GOT HIS BUTT KICKED SO NOW IT’S BACK TO GUN CONTROL. SOMEONE OUGHT TO WISE THIS THUG UP CAUSE HE’S NO BETTER THAN A CHEEP HOODLUM ONLY HE HAS THE BUYING POWER/ MILLIONS OF DOLLARS. HE SPENT $12,000,000.00 ON GUN CONTROL ALONE AND TRYS TO BUY WHATEVER HE FEELS IS WHAT HE WANTS OR FEELS IS RIGHT. HE NEEDS TO GET A LIFE AND MOVE ON. HIM AND THE OTHER JERK IN THE STATE CAPITOL,GOV. COMMIE BOTH NEED TO GO. THEY HAVE RUINED THERE CITY & STATE WITH THERE DUMB ASS LAWS & RULES.

• Zen says:

It is 2014, by now I would think everyone knows not to type in all caps. Sorry to tell you this, but you can write the most brilliant response and many many people won’t even bother to take a look at it just because it’s written in all caps.

3. Don says:

Bloombergs agenda was never gun “control” anything, he was out to ban them all! In my mind, gun control is a solid grip. Cuomo will feel the voters wrath, he will not be “SAFE”, I can only hope there is enough voters here for the next election. NY lost over 60,000 jobs last year, twice the amount of the next nearest state, in this “recovery” the most in the country, now he penned another line of BS, about corps coming into NY, no income taxes for them or their employees for 10 years. He claimed at no cost to taxpayers, it’s now released by his committee, it will cost taxpayers over 300 million for his contributors to set up shop here! And this twit knows what’s “SAFE”?, passing legislation and signing bills at 2-3 in the morning, without due process? NYS is going down faster than the Titanic! Wish I wasn’t upside down on my mortgage, my home value flipped over 125k from black to in the red, or I would leave this state in my rearview mirror. Obama, Cuomo, and Bloomberg are NOT the 3 wise men, they seem more like riders of the apocalypse.

4. mike says:

This what happens when a person with to much money has an AXE to grind. Of course his handlers will say one thing (but never their TRUE intent). If I’m not wrong didn’t the Government basically stop the NRA from doing what Bloomberg’s org. is doing by going after candidates in that manner? Hum…….

5. cal says:

There was a time when I wanted to visit New York but since Bloomy took his stand against guns I want NO part of his state or city. Also Conn. is another state I’m ashamed to claim is part of New England. Might as well be part of New York..Mass. was bad enough, we were stuck with that mess but I don’t live there so that’s their problem…where I live, we LIVE FREE OR DIE…. and it’s going to stay that way one way or the other…count on it !!!

6. Mud says:

They are making excuses and bailing in anticipation of the midterm elections.

As soon as the elections are over, they will see the “error of their way” and the-join illegal Mayors against guns..

7. Byron says:

Whenever I see “Mayors Against Illegal Guns” mentioned, I mentally add the subtext: “and For Making All Guns Illegal”.

Bloomie’s org may have lost 50 mayors, but at some point, he lost his mind.

8. Dominiator says:

I say screw all these mayors and vote them out as soon as you get the first opportunity! If they were dumb enough to fall for Bloomberg’s BS, then they are not smart enough to do their jobs! Anyone with half a brain knew what this POS Bloomberg was up to!

9. MSGLAIGAIE says:

Is your mayor still a member? If so, why? Send an FOI request or an E mail to your own mayor. Ask if they still support Gun Control or have they left bloomburg behind.

10. Ruppert Jenkins says:

There are over 19,000(Nineteen thousand) incorporated cities in the US. Even Bloomberg’s own site only claims around 1000 of them, which is around 5%.

So, 95% of city mayors do NOT belong to this stupid anti-gun group of his. Feel free to verify this and throw this fact back in their faces when they talk about how good they think they are doing.

11. Mud says:

What is the population percentage of that 5%?

If its 5% of the cities, but 75% of the population lives within that 5%, then that would be significant.

12. Lt Scrounge says:

Not to be snarky, but did any of these mayors do 5 minutes worth of research into Bloomie’s background? He’s been ANTI gun for years. No one with half a brain would believe a word that malignant dwarf says. He’s a billionaire, but he didn’t earn it, he inherited it. He’s spent his entire life with a silver (or more likely platinum) spoon in his mouth or, considering the level of cocaine use among the wealthy in New York in the 80s, under his nose.

He has been implicated in numerous violations of federal firearms laws and even screwed up a number of ATF investigations with his antics. Then there’s the fact that the mayors most likely to actually support him, are in fact themselves felons who are not even allowed to own a firearm.