October 21, 2014

The Wonderful World of .45′s -

Monday, October 20, 2014

GunAuction.com Imports ATF FFL Database for Sellers -

Thursday, October 16, 2014

The New Glock 41 and 42

glock-41-42

The suspense is over. Glock has revealed that they have two new guns coming to the American market in 2014: The Glock 41 and 42.

The Glock 42 is a single stack .380 auto pocket pistol. The 42 is a 6+1 capacity and is highly concealable.

Here are the specs:

Length: 5.94”

Width: 0.94”

Height: 4.13”

Barrel:  3.25”

Weight: 12.35 oz (no magazine)

Weight: 14.36 oz (fully loaded)

Trigger pull: 5.62 lbs.

Capacity 6+1

This new introduction will fall squarely into the pocket pistol category. The width comes in at less than an inch, the height at just over four inches. This pistol is smaller than the G26, which is what Glock had promised. I must admit that I am not a big fan of the .380 auto, but this caliber is starting to see a resurgence.

For the shooter looking for a pistol that they can easily carry concealed, this new Glock is worth a look.

The Glock 41 is a full size .45 ACP, similar to the Glock 34. This is really geared towards the competition shooter, but I imagine it will see use in the LEO community, as well. It is the exact opposite of the 42. Where the 42 is highly concealable, the 41 is huge. It is close to nine inches long and is five and a half inches tall.

Here are the specs:

Length: 8.9”

Width: 1.28”

Height: 5.47”

Barrel: 5.31”

Weight: 24 oz (no magazine)

Weight: 36 oz( fully loaded)

Trigger pull: 5.62 lbs.

Capacity: 13+1

I think the biggest news here is the introduction of the .380 auto in the U.S. market. My feeling is that the Glock 42 will be a huge seller for Gaston and crew. I am a big Glock fan, and I am giving serious consideration to getting one when they are finally available. I can see the 42 being my summer carry gun when I wear shorts and a tee-shirt and just need something to slip into my front pocket.

I am interested in hearing from you. Will you be buying either of these new guns?

Author: Tom Hudson

Tom Hudson

Comments
20 Responses to “The New Glock 41 and 42”
  1. Willie D. says:

I am not sure that the g42 will be twice as good as the American made Ruger LCP or Keltec 3AT although the price certainly will be double. I also own glocks in larger sizes/calibers and think they are fine quality tools. However, there is nothing magical about the g42 that makes it a better belly gun than it’s American made competitors who have dominated the market for simple reliable mouse guns.

2. S Mastin says:

The .380 is STARTING to see a resurgence? How long have you been asleep? I have known for a while that the 42 was going to be a single stack .380 and was thinking it would be sized close to the Ruger LCP, Kahr P380, etc. As it turns out it is basically a thin 26/27.. so it comes off my list as a potential replacement for what I currently carry strapped to my soft armor as a deep cover backup to my backup. I would call the 42 an EXCELLENT sized little 9mm carry or backup pistol, chambered in .380. SURELY they plan to chamber it in 9mm at some point, so maybe all the future buyers could add a job description of Glock Prototype Tester to their resume?

3. Nick says:

I agree, the Glock 42 will be a big seller. We will be making many custom conceal holsters for it at our shop – DETROIT HOLSTER. Our 42 should arrive soon.

4. Mark says:

Good idea by Glock to go with slimmer single stacks but I will pass on the 41&42. When they bring out a single stack 9mm or a smaller sized 45ACP I will be much more interested.

5. murphy says:

What are the differences between the glock 41 and the 21?

6. Skeetman says:

The new Glock 41 will have difficulty being superior to the Smith and Wesson Bodyguard 380.

7. MikeK29340 says:

Well, I don’t care for Glocks even though I used to carry a G23 and G27 when I was still in the gun business. I don’t see anything Glock puts out as an improvement as they are all the same with the same problems. 1911 fans will see the Glock grip angle all wrong and find that there are much better offerings by other companies. The time period I carried them was pre Kahr and Para LDA era.
    I am a Big fan of Kahr and own many, all superior to the Glock including the P380 pocket pistol. The grip is natural, the gun is thinner, the capacity stacks up to any single stacker, and the quality is high. You can’t go wrong with a KAHR. As for the 1911 Para will start offering the LDA again, of which I own many. High quality with dependability and accuracy. Both Kahr and Para meet any concealed carry needs. No need to carry the ugly gun any longer.

• Dale says:

Well…all this gun like and dislikes is highly subjective and very personal. I like Glock and hate my Kahr. Yes, I do carry my Kahr P9 from time to time, but I like my Glock 19 a whole lot more. Not because it carries more ammo. than the Kahr, but because I hate the trigger on the Kahr and it takes 3 hands to take appart for cleaning and such, where the Glock is a lot simpler to take apart. Now, if Glock would offer the 42 as a 9mm instead of a .380, THAT would impress me and I would seriously consider replacing my Khar with one. I bought the Kahr to replace my Firestar 9mm that was stolen. I REALLY liked that Firestar, but they are out of production and I thought I would get a newer model gun instead of going to the used market. I’ll never buy another Kahr until they redesign it so that it is as easy to disassemble as a Glock and improve the trigger on the Kahr.

8. Tim Burns says:

Probably the same difference between the Glock 17 and 34. Barrel length increase by about an inch. Looks like a perfect tactical/practical pistol for the .45 crowd.

9. I’ll stick with my Springfields, thank you. XD9 sub, and XD40 and XD45 compacts.

10. George says:

Glock 380s have been available to most of the rest of world for years and recently LEO in my area. I recommend Glock whenever asked because unlike others – Springfield, Smith and Wesson, etc. – it goes ‘bang’ instead of ‘click’.

11. Dale says:

Nope! I already have a Glock 21. Another full size .45acp with 13 round capacity? what’s it for? Why would I need it? As for a Glock .380 single stack – if it was a 9mm I would seriously think about it to replace my Kahr P9, which I hate, but still carry on occasion.

12. phil says:

I expected the 42 to be a 9mm. I was all set to spend what I had to, to get one early. With it being 380. I won’t get one at all.

13. 1776 says:

First…I’m a member of NRA & GOA with strong support of our 2nd. I own several shoulder guns and hand guns. However, I see no need to continue manufacturing more look alike firearms. Many of the shoulder guns are intimidating to me as I see no particle use for all the paramilitary attachments, all of which aggravate more gun control.

Manufactures are a greedy bunch and need to back off flooding the market with guns that are copies of other guns.

14. Will says:

I am a HUGE “Glockophile”. Carried one for treaty+ years as an LEO. Also as a Glock Armorer I think they are an expression of genius.
    In my opinion this Glock .380 is a mistake. It’s too big, according to the given dimensions, to be a true pocket pistol. If you’re going to chamber a Glock in the .380 cartridge at least make it a double stack magazine in order to give the user a fighting chance.
    BTW. Doesn’t Glock already market a pistol to South American Law Enforcement?

15. Will says:

TWENTY + years. NOT treaty. My bad.

16. Joe Hathaway says:

Why not slip an XD-s into a front pocket and see how secure you feel with six hollow point .45ACP rounds backing you up? I went down the .380 path with a Taurus TCP two-shot piece of junk. (Despite two trips back to Taurus, it currently cannot fire more than two rounds without a misfeed or stovepipe jam, and generally only gets one away before becoming an object to throw at the bad boy before dying!)

The Springfield XD-s is an amazing piece of true genius, and I truly believe an honest trial would make a new owner out of anyone interested in concealed carry.